Clash of Clans October 2018 Update Patch Notes
- Eight clans participate for high-level rewards.
- The first round of War Leagues begins soon after release and happens monthly.
- After signing up you’ll be matched with groups of seven other clans.
- There are seven days of the war with one war per day. Each day you select a roster of 15 players. You can substitute players if necessary.
- Winners advance to the next league and losers go down.
- There are 18 league tiers with starting tier based on the Village of the top 15 members of your clan.
- Clans get one big chance to attack instead of two.
- Rewards include – Hammer Magic Item only available via the League shop. There are also other Magic Items and exclusive decorations.
- Wind and stones may break some bones, but this trap will definitely confound you. Just place one of these traps down and the released vortex will draw the enemy troops in, hindering their progress.
- Available at Town Hall 11, upgraded to level 3
- DPS: eight
- Duration: six seconds, eight seconds, 10 seconds
- Area of Effect: three tiles
- Rearm Cost: 2,000 Gold, 3,000 Gold, 4,000 Gold
- Trigger Radius: three tiles
- Damage Type: area splash
- Favourite Target: any
- Targets: ground & air
Magic Hammer & Clock Tower Potion
- Magic Hammer: Buy in the War League Shop. It instantly upgrades troops, buildings, spells or Heroes with no resource cost.
- Clock Tower Potion: Activates Builder Base Clock Tower boost for 30 minutes.
Quality of Life
- New shop UI
- New Clan Games Challenges
- Halloween seasonal content
- 25 new single-player Goblin maps
- Wall Breaker Training Cost Reduced
- Level 2: 1,500 > 1,250
- Level 3: 2,000 > 1,500
- Level 4: 2,500 > 1,750
- Level 5: 3,000 > 2,000
- Level 6: 3,500 > 2,250
- Level 7: 4,000 > 2,500
- Level 8: 4,500 > 2,750
- Golem Training Cost Reduced
- Level 1: 450 > 300
- Level 2: 525 > 375
- Level 3: 600 > 450
- Level 4: 675 > 525
- Level 5: 750 > 600
- Level 6: 825 > 675
- Level 7: 900 > 750
- Level 8: 975 > 825
- Baby Dragon Training Cost Reduced
- Level 1: 15,000 > 10,000
- Level 2: 16,000 > 11,000
- Level 3: 17,000 > 12,000
- Level 4: 18,000 > 13,000
- Level 5: 19,000 > 14,000
- Level 6: 20,000 > 15,000
- Witch Training Cost Reduced
- Level 1: 250 > 175
- Level 2: 350 > 225
- Level 3: 450 > 275
- Level 4: 550 > 325
- Witch HP/DPS Reduced
- Level 1 HP: 320 > 300
- Level 2 DPS 120 > 110 / HP 360 > 320
- Bowler Training Cost Reduced
- Level 1: 130 > 110
- Level 2: 150 > 130
- Level 3: 170 > 150
- Level 4: 190 > 170
- Gem Donation Costs Adjusted
- Balloon: five > three gems
- Wizard: five > three gems
- Dragon: 25 > 15 gems
- P.E.K.K.A: 25 > 15 gems
- Hog Rider: five > three gems
- Valkyrie: eight > six gems
- Golem: 30 > 20 gems
- Witch: 15 > 10 gems
- Lava Hound: 30 > 20 gems
- Bowler: eight > five gems
- Baby Dragon: 10 > eight gems
- Electro Dragon: 30 > 20 gems
- Giant: two > three gems
- Reduced Siege Machine training times: training times are now flat 20 minutes across all levels.
- Reduced Siege Machine training costs: training cost is now flat 100,000 gold across all levels.
- Donating Siege Machines gives 30 XP, and counts 30 towards your donation count.
- Inferno Tower
- Additional Inferno Tower added to TH12
- X-Bow DPS decreased
- Level 3: 80 > 70
- Level 4: 90 > 80
- Level 5: 110 > 100
- Eagle Artillery DPH and Shockwave Damage buffed
- Level 1: Hit damage 250 > 300, shockwave damage 15 > 20
- Level 2: Hit damage 300 > 350, shockwave damage 20 > 25
- Level 3: Hit damage 350 > 400, shockwave damage 25 > 30
- Air Defense HP buffed
- Level 7: 1,110 > 1,100
- Level 8: 1,170 > 1,200
- Level 9: 1,230 > 1,300
- Level 10: 1,290 > 1,400
- Air Bombs (Red)
- New level at Town Hall 12
- Reduced activation radius: five tiles > four tiles
- New level at Town Hall 11
- Shortened detonation delay from two seconds to 1.5 seconds
- Resource Collectors
- Gold Mine: new level added for TH10
- Elixir Collector: new level added to TH10
- Dark Elixir Collector: new level added to TH10
- Up to 200 Wall Pieces can now be upgraded to level 13 (previously only 100 could be upgraded).
As Clash of Clans celebrates its sixth year on the mobile market. It is clear that the games most recent update cater to the hardcore subset of players who are still engaging with it. Few features like War Leagues for the high-level audience. But what we believe is most casual grinders probably won’t spend much time with it. Some interesting wrinkles are added to the Tornado Trap. The wrinkles to the PvP meta are available at Town Hall 12.
Many of the balance changes follow this trend with the exception of offering a new resource collection level at Town Hall 10. That’s a pretty big deal in terms of reducing overall grind, but it’s not as impactful to base-building strategy as something like the addition of a third Inferno Tower might be. It’s sad to see the X-Bow get yet another nerf in today’s update, but it was probably a necessary one. In short, Clash of Clans’ October update adds new ways to play without severely disrupting the habits of current players. For a legacy game like this, that’s pretty much all you can ask for.
Clash of Clans is available now on Android and iOS.